Emirates NBD is the leading banking group in the UAE.
Emirates NBD, the leading Banking Group in the MENAT region, was formed on 19 June 1963, when H.H. Late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum signed the Charter of Incorporation of the National Bank of Dubai (NBD) which became the first National Bank established in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). With the blessings of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, NBD merged with Emirates Bank International (EBI) on 06 March 2007, to form Emirates NBD, the largest banking group in the region by assets. On 16 October 2007, the shares of Emirates NBD were officially listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
As at 30th September 2022, total assets were AED 721 Billion, (equivalent to approx. USD 196 Billion). The acquisition of DenizBank represents a significant milestone for Emirates NBD with the Group expanding its presence to 13 countries, servicing over 17 million customers. The Group is ranked among the top 20 in the Forbes’ list of the World’s Best Regarded Companies, securing a leading spot among global brands. The Group has operations in the UAE, Egypt, India, Turkey, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Russia and Bahrain and representative offices in China and Indonesia with a total of 885 branches and 4,113 ATMs / SDMs.
Overview of the basic services:
- Online Banking in English
- Bank accounts in AED, USD, GBP, etc.
- Personal and business accounts for local companies (saving & current accounts)
- Bank cards
Required documentation for a bank account opening with Emirates NBD:
1. Business account:
- Сompleted bank questionnaires for the company and owner;
- Bank statements from the company account for the last 6 months (if the company is new, then bank statements from the owner’s other company account);
- Copies of existing contracts with partners;
- Office lease contract, cash flow chart, ownership structure chart, etc.
2. Personal account:
- Proof of identity (passport);
- Proof of address (not older than 3 months);
- Resident Visa;
- Bank reference letter + bank statements for the last 6 months.
Remote account opening:
- Not available
Deposit/account opening terms:
- No application fee
- Minimum average monthly account balance: 200 000 – 500 000 AED
- No activation deposit
Required time to open an account:
- Estimated account opening 2-3 months
Fees & rates:
Our assistance services:
- 1 000 USD