Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia is an international bank based in Malaysia.
The Bank was locally incorporated as Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad in 1984. As the country’s first and oldest bank with over 140 years of history, Standard Chartered to date employs more than 7,000 employees for its Malaysian operations, a global shared service centre Standard Chartered Global Business Services
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia provides a comprehensive range of financial products and services to individuals and corporates. It has deepened relationships with corporates by supporting their international expansion in our footprint markets.
Bank is working in compliance with internationally accepted best practices in global banking.
Overview of the basic services:
- Online Banking 24/7 & Mobile banking
- Bank accounts in RM, USD, GBP and EURO
- Personal and business accounts (saving & current accounts)
- Unique IBAN
- Debit cards
Required documentation for a bank account opening with Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia:
- Copies of corporate documents with an apostille, full set of documents showing link to controlling person, Power of Attorney (if any) with an apostille.
- Certified copy of a passport for all controlling persons and signatories;
- Certified copy of a recent utility bill for controlling persons and signatories;
- Bank reference letter;
- Company business plan and forecast, suppliers / buyers list;
- CV/Resume for all controlling persons;
- Detailed description of owned assets and income for beneficiary and initial deposit source.
Remote account opening:
- Not available
Deposit/account opening terms:
- No application fee
- NMinimum balance 2,000 RM for MYR account or 10,000 USD for Foreign Currency Account
- NActivation deposit 200,000 RM (or MYR+Foreign Currency)
Required time to open an account:
- Estimated account opening 5 weeks
Fees & rates:
Our assistance services:
Companies under our administration
- 600 USD
- 1200 USD