Caye International Bank Limited (CIBL) was granted an Unrestricted “A” Class International Banking License on September 2003 by the Central Bank of Belize. The regulatory authority is the Central Bank of Belize (CBB) who set the standards for liquidity and capital adequacy. CBB maintains that CIBL and other International Banks in Belize maintain a liquidity of 24%. This requirement ensures the safety of our Bank.
CIBL is the International Bank on the Beautiful Island of Ambergris Caye, Belize, Central America and its license permits them to carry on business with both individuals and corporations who are non-residents of Belize. Bank offers a full range of traditional and non-traditional banking services and accounts.
The bank accepts US citizens and US registered companies.
Belize is a part of Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Overview of the basic services:
- Both corporate and private accounts
- Opening bank accounts in CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, USD (no multi-currency accounts)
- Internet banking (view/check balance/history of transactions)
- Issue of corporate cards: MasterdCard (cards are generic and do not contain any customer or company name only Caye International Bank name)
- Pre-compliance procedures for new customers (upon receiving all scanned documents)
Required documentation for a bank account opening with Caye International Bank:
- Copies of corporate documents with an apostille, full set of documents showing link to controlling person, Power of Attorney (if any) with an apostille, Certificate of Incumbency with an apostille, Certificate of a Good Standing with an apostille (for companies older than 1 year, can be replaced by Incumbency Certificate);
- Certified copy of a passport (for all controlling persons, signatories, directors, nominees, officers and trustees of the company)
- Certified copy of a recent utility bill with address. Document should not be older than 3 months;
- Both bank reference and personal professional references (CPA, auditor, lawyer) for all shareholders, signatories, nominees, trustees, directors of the company confirming that the client have maintained a relationship with the issuer for at least 2 years. Document should not be older than 3 months;
- Company business plan (with the account owner’s signature) / business forecast / website (if any)
- Filled application form
Remote account opening:
- it is allowed to open an account without signatory being physically present.
- Non-refundable application fee: 100 USD / 350 USD (for accounts affected by FACTA regulations)
- Minimum deposit of 1000 USD (or equivalent in other currency)
Required time to open an account:
- 4-6 weeks
Fees & rates:
Our assistance services:
Companies under our administration
- 500 USD
- 1000 USD
For more information on the company services contact us